I designed this set almost year ago, at the beginnig of my Krampolinka crochet “career” and I shared this free pattern with you on my FB page. Since this website is growing a little bit I decided to transfer it here so it is more convenient and mainly you can find all my free patterns in one place.
Teddybear photo props set
Pants size: bigger baby, at about 5-6 kg!
Hat circumference: 40 cm/15.74 in
Yarn: Himalaya Baby Dolphin Chenille Yarn pictures here and Camilla 100% cotton black and white
Yarn alternatives for overseas are:
– YarnArt Dolce
– Kartopu Yumurcak
– Universal Yarn Bella Chenille
– Katia Bambi
– King Cole Yumi
– Red Heart Velvety – THIS IS THE TOP ONE FOR YOU
Weight: Super Bulky
Meterage: 100 g (3.53 ounces)/120 m (135 yards) (! be careful original yarn Himalaya is a little bit thinner than Bernat blanket yarn so the result might vary)
Hook size: 6mm/J or 10 (I crochet pretty tight so you may need smaller hooks) and 3 mm (for thinner yarn for eyes)
Decorative buttons – three pieces
Stuffing – for nose
Needle and thread
Time: at about 2-3 hours
Suitable for beginners.
MC – Magic Circle
Sl St – slip stitch
CH – chain stitch
SC – single crochet
DC – double crochet
Each row starts with either 1 CH = Single Crochet or 2 CH = Double Crochet and ends with SlSt. With the use of markers you can crochet around (hat) without using SlSt.
Hat (hook 6mm)
- 1st row: 8 DC into magic circle
- 2nd row: 16 DC (two into each DC from previous row)
- 3rd row: 32 DC (two into each DC from previous row)
- 4th – 8th row: 32 DC
- 9th row: 32 SC around the hat
- 1st row: 8 DC into magic circle (turn)
- 2nd row: 16 DC (two into each DC from previous row) (turn)
- 3rd row: 16 DC
- you should end up with a semi-circle
- 1st row: 9 DC into magic circle
- 2nd row: 18 SC (two into each DC from previous row)
- 3rd row: 24 SC (two into every third SC from previous row)
- 1st row – 10 SC
- 2nd row – 2 SC into each SC from previous row (20 SC)
- for bigger eyes change SC to HDC
White cotton yarn
- Embroider the white part of the eyes.
- Start with 19+3 chain (back part of the pants)
- 1st row: 19 DC (the rest is the substitution for the first DC)
- 2nd row: 20 DC
- 3rd row: 20 DC
- 4th row: 20 DC
- 5th row: decrease to 18 DC (one from left and one from right)
- 6th row: decrease to 16 DC
- 7th row: decrease to 4 DC
- 8th row: decrease to 12 DC
- 9th row: decrease to 10 DC
- 10th row: decrease to 8 DC
- 11th row: decrease to 8DC
- 12th row: increase to 10 DC (add one to left and one to right)
- 13th row: increase to 12 DC
- 14th row: increase to 14 DC
- 15th row: increase to 16 DC
- 16th row: increase to 18 DC
- 17th row: 18 DC
- 18th row: 18 DC
- 19th row: 18 DC
- Start from back part of the pants and crochet the flaps to the side (look in the picture bellow)
- 1st – 4th row: 7 DC
- Make another flap on the opposite site. No special buttonhole for buttons. The space between DC is wide enough for the button going through.
- Go with SC around the pants or you can use eyelash yarn for better effect.
If you like it, please share this pattern on social networks as a “thank you” to help me to run this website. You can also subscribe to my youtube channel.
If you have any questions please leave me a message, send me an e-mail or you can contact me on my FB page Krampolinka.
You can also subscribe to this website in order not to miss any new free pattern.
Thank you very much for your visit.